Lab Assistant – Short-term
Department: Disability Resource Center (DRC)/Access Technology Center (ATC)
Hourly Pay Rate: $16
Hours Per Week: Up to 30 hours per week
Work Schedule: Hours to be scheduled between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Thursday and between 8:00 am – 2:00 pm on Friday.
Job Duties: The ATC, located on the first floor of the library, is designed to provide training in the use of adaptive hardware/software and assistive technology for Palomar College students with disabilities. The ATC is also where students, faculty and staff can explore assistive technology, discover technology solutions and receive training and support in the use of assistive technology. This will be a hybrid position with some on-site (main campus) and remote work. Duties include:
• Maintain a presence in the ATC by providing oversight to students
• Assist students with learning and understanding basic computer skills
• Assist students with learning and understanding how to utilize assistive technology and resources to accomplish their academic goals
• May also provide instructional assistance in Disability Resource courses
• Support DRC’s social media presence on platforms including Instagram and YouTube
Minimum Qualifications: Basic computer skills; ability to demonstrate computer competency with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Canvas, Zoom, Google applications, email applications, and scheduling systems. Essential attributes also include strong attention to detail, ability to follow instructions, outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, the ability to be flexible in a changing environment, and to maintain boundaries while promoting independent learning and transfer of skills. Must be able to work both independently and within a team environment, maintain confidentiality and professional demeanor, and manage simultaneous projects and responsibilities. Strive to cultivate an inclusive culture in the ATC
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet.
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
• Access to our programs and services
• Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
• Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, and people
• Inclusiveness of individual and collective viewpoints in collegial decision-making processes
• Mutual respect and trust through transparency, civility, and open communications
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
To Apply: Please email application and resume to Crystal Velasco, DRC Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit https://apptrkr.com/2557017 for more details and required application materials.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).