Outreach Coordinator Short-term Worker
Outreach Coordinator – Short-term Worker
Grant Funded Student Programs
Palomar Community College (Vista and Escondido Campus)
Hourly pay rate: $20
Hours per week: Not to exceed 24
Work Schedule: Weekdays, hours between 8:00am and 5:00pm, including some evenings and weekends. *Schedule may vary based on student services and school site placement
• Oversee and coordinate all outreach activities and events at one or various Grant Funded Student Programs/school sites.
• The Outreach Coordinator must be able to perform all duties under the Program Advisor and College Coach positions, including, but not limited to those listed below:
- Provide information regarding admissions, financial aid & registration policies/procedures & refer students to other services as appropriate.
- Assist, motivate, and support students with their post-secondary options (university, community college, trade school, military, etc.).
- Provide on-site assistance with college preparedness at one of the school sites; including but not limited to:
• Providing workshops/presentations to students, parents, and school-level staff relating to the college admissions process.
• Develop opportunities & services within assigned school site that focus on increased student achievement & knowledge of higher education.
• Provide support in completing UC/CSU, private university, and community college applications.
• Provide comprehensive support/guidance in completing the FAFSA and exploring all available financial aid resources.
• Provide information regarding standardized testing – SAT/ACT prep courses, training materials available, fee waivers, etc. Provide assistance in registering for these tests as needed.
• Provide feedback on personal statement/admission essays on college applications. Follow-up with students to make sure all application deadlines are met, and all materials are submitted correctly.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Director.
• Preferably 4 years of experience. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office apps (Word Excel, Power Point, and Outlook), Google Apps, and other computer software.
• Bilingual in Spanish
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
To Apply: Visit https://www2.palomar.edu/pages/hr/shorttermemployment/ for more details and required application materials.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).