Part-time Faculty, Nursing
Part-time Faculty, Nursing
Department: Nursing Education
Date Opened: 07/19/2021
Close Date: 7/19/2023
Salary: For salary and placement information, visit www.palomar.edu/hr/employees/classifications/salary/ and use the links in the Part-time Faculty section.
Benefits: For information about part-time faculty health benefits, visit http://www2.palomar.edu/pages/hr/employees/personnel/ptfaculty/
Part-time faculty employees are eligible to elect membership in one of the following retirement plans:
• CalSTRS (California State Teachers Retirement System)
• APPLE (Accumulation Program for Part-Time Limited-Service Employees)
Must meet ALL qualifications listed under 1) through 4):
• A Master’s degree in nursing.
• Current license or eligibility for licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
• One year of professional experience providing direct patient care as a bedside RN within the past five years in one or more of the content areas: medical-surgical, geriatrics, obstetrics, pediatrics and/or psychiatric mental health nursing (direct patient care experience as a registered nurse, which includes registered nurse-level clinical teaching experience, in the content/clinical area).
• Eligible for approval as an instructor by the California State Board of Nursing.
Only coursework completed at, and degrees awarded by, accredited institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education will be considered as satisfying the minimum qualifications. Coursework and degrees that are completed outside of the United States are required to have transcripts evaluated (evaluation to U.S. equivalency and a course by course analysis) by an appropriate U.S. credentials evaluation service. For a list of credentials evaluation agencies accepted by Palomar College, visit the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) website at http://www.naces.org, or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) website at http://aice-eval.org/.
NOTE: For professional experience, a “year” is defined as equivalent to 40 hours per week for 10 months.
Diversity Statement: Palomar College serves over 30,000 students from a variety of backgrounds and we are proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution. Our student body is rich in its diversity. Click here to see a quick overview of our student demographics on our recent Student Fact Sheet .
Palomar College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We are dedicated to empowering students to succeed and are guided by our core values; some of which are the following:
• Access to our programs and services
• Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
• Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, and people
• Inclusiveness of individual and collective viewpoints in collegial decision-making processes
• Mutual respect and trust through transparency, civility, and open communications.
All positions require cultural competency which includes the sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff.
To Apply: Visit https://apptrkr.com/2387292 for full details and required application materials.
About the District:
Palomar College, founded in 1946, is a comprehensive, two-year community college that serves the greater North San Diego County region. Palomar College offers over 200 associate’s degree and certificate programs to approximately 30,000 full- and part-time students. A favorite in the community among local institutions of higher education, Palomar College recently ranked #1 in community colleges in San Diego County in the San Diego’s Best of 2016 Readers Poll. And, Palomar College is just 12 miles from the glistening Pacific Ocean and 30 miles away from all of the exciting cultural activities that sunny San Diego has to offer.
Palomar College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.