PACE Enrollment Navigator (North County)
Under the direct supervision of the Social Work Supervisor, the PACE Enrollment Navigator will be responsible for providing assistance to the new PACE participants, being the point of contact in connecting them to PACE care system and serving as a liaison between providers and participants, assisting with referrals, appointments, scheduling, and ensuring that participants receive the highest quality of care and customer service.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provide timely and high quality information and referral services to participants linking them to San Diego PACE services and any required medical, social, behavioral health appointments.
- Ensures that quality care is provided and serves as the main point of contact for participants throughout the onboarding process.
- Is fully up to date with statuses of all assigned participants and will coordinate with SW Supervisor for any retention efforts as needed.
- Assists in coordinating appropriate internal and external referrals and services to PACE participants including transportation, day center attendance, therapy, medication, meals on wheels, supplies, DME, personal care, etc.
- Conducts home visits, attends enrollment agreements, hospital visits, nursing skill facilities visits as required
- Provide high quality and excellent customer service at all times
- Assists in providing basic information and education regarding PACE services
- Acts as a liaison between different disciplines, services and participants to ensure continuity of care and services.
- Maintain open communication with different disciplines, internal and external providers to ensure the highest level of care
- Welcomes and conducts tours of facility to all new participants
- Assists management with related special projects including implementation of satisfaction surveys
- Facilitates communication among service providers, family, participants, and caregivers.
- Maintains program specific records as required; submits reports, including activity, contact, etc.
- Schedules appointment for specialty care, special studies or other ancillary services as needed.
- Follows-up on missing documentation to obtain authorization or scheduling when appropriate.
- Refers participants and families to appropriate community agencies or facilities, acts as liaison with such organizations and as advocate for participants.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives quality assurance program, safety and environmental.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required and participates in committees as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to and models SYHC’s core values and behaviors of Excellence, Empowerment, Integrity and Respect.
- Adheres to SYHC and PACE attendance and punctuality policies and practices.
- Assists participants to fill out Adult Meal Benefit, HIPAA, Consents, and any required
- (Minimum level of education): High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelors Degree preferred in Social Services, Psychology, Health Science or related field.
- (Minimum level of experience): A minimum of one year experience working with the elderly and healthcare industry. Education may substitute for experience.
Verbal and Written Skills Required to Perform the Job:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish required)
Technical Knowledge and Skills Required Performing the Job:
Proficient in Microsoft applications and use of electronic health data systems, at a minimum level have good computer literacy including internet navigation and research skills.
Demonstrates ability to be culturally sensitive and respect diversity, work effectively with individuals of different cultures and socio-economic status; passion for service; self-starter and highly organized; ability to prioritize, and complete a large volume of work within strict time deadlines; provide prompt, efficient and responsive customer service.
Computers, phones, personal vehicles, copy machines and fax machines and other office equipment.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: