Quality Control In-Process Technician
Dr. Bronner’s Company Culture
Cool, kind, and capable employees are core to Dr. Bronner’s company culture! Our people are our greatest strength—strong and healthy relationships drive our success. Our workforce is impassioned, collaborative, engaged, and shares a commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and equity. Respect for differences in perspective and experience enriches our community with a sense of belonging. We seek to model a better, more just and caring world in how we show up for work, and how we show up for each other!
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program –10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Development & Training Program
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
On-site at our Vista, CA Headquarters
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
You take pride in your ability to closely follow procedures and analyze data with precise attention to detail. You’re familiar and comfortable with manufacturing compliance systems and evaluating finished products through laboratory testing.
Your duties will include:
In-Process & Finished Product Evaluation:
- Inspects finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests.
- Inspects product labels for accuracy during the production run.
- Ensures all finished product packaging lot codes are correct and records findings, making sure corrective actions are taken if lot codes are found to be incorrect.
- Accurately documents the results of product inspections and testing.
- Reviews documentation on the production floor for consistency.
- Reviews, interprets, and evaluates analytical data for accuracy and compliance within procedures.
- Performs laboratory tests as directed to verify production data.
- Identifies and confirms any products requiring re-work.
- Supports the QC Supervisor in initiating rework, hold, and release of the finished product for sale.
- Reviews and verifies completion of manufacturing in-process documentation such as start-up, in process, inspection, and end of run records for consistency.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to the production lead/supervisor.
- Initiates or responds to internal requests such as escalations for in-process or finished product inquiries.
Quality Document Preparation:
- Investigates and generates CAPA reports as needed in relation to escalations.
- Supports the QC Supervisor in creating COAs on approved templates.
- Assists in the development of QC procedures, protocols, and reports.
- Creates and maintains QC/QA documentation for new and existing products and processes.
- Prepares and sends physical samples of finished product targets and accompanying documentation as requested.
- Reviews, enters, and maintains QC data in QMS Database System.
Out of Specification Investigation Support:
- Customer complaints: Identifies the day, shift, and location the product was made and filled, pulls and evaluates the retain sample(s). Provides feedback to QC Supervisor.
- Escalated Finished Product Nonconformance: Pulls retains as needed. Oversees a panel of evaluators and executes a double-blind test. Determines if the product can be released for sale or put-on QC Hold for further investigation and/or rework.
- Participates in special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned within the job scope.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Associate Degree from an accredited college with major coursework in a Technical, Scientific, or Manufacturing discipline.
- 2 years of progressive experience in Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, or another related field.
Any combination of educational and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.