Who We Are
Dr. Bronner’s is the top-selling natural brand of soap in North America, and was ranked top midsize workplace in San Diego by the San Diego Tribune in both 2019 and 2020, based on anonymous employee surveys. Our supportive, positive work atmosphere comes from being a family-owned business that values employees as its greatest asset.
We are passionate about making the best products for human, home and Earth—and about using our business as a force for good! Known for setting up a global supply chain that respects the people and land that provide our raw materials, Dr. Bronner’s is proving that agriculture and manufacturing can be green and fair—be part of our movement!
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program – 10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
- Development & Training Programs
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
On-site at our Vista, CA Headquarters
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who are not local.
This position will internally be titled "Boiler/Chiller Technician" however we are listing as Stationary Engineer, as this closely matches the industry-standard title.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You’re technically-savvy and enjoy performing repairs and maintenance on a range of manufacturing systems. You’re skilled at repairing and maintaining heating/cooling systems, like hydronic boilers, steam boilers, chillers, and cooling towers. You have a strong mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting production issues.
Your duties will include to:
- Repair and maintain a wide range of hot water and steam systems, including but not limited to electric water heaters, tankless systems, gas water heaters, and point of use systems.
- Maintain and repair water distributions systems such as water filters, softeners, piping and pumps.
- Install single and multi-phase electrical circuits (conduit bending, wire pulling) repairs and/or replaces transformers, relays, capacitors, motors, contactors, and general electrical components.
- Repair and maintain compressed air and natural gas systems including all distribution lines, valves, and control devices.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Familiarity with a wide range of HVAC-Systems such as chillers, cooling towers, RTU’s, split units, DX package units, walk- in coolers, heat pumps, furnaces, exhaust fans, economizers, and ice machines.
- Strong mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting production issues, while minimizing downtime. Effectively communicate requirements and status to production leads.
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues and take corrective actions independently, while minimizing production downtime.
- Ability to use scissor lift, forklift, pallet jacks and articulating boom lift.
- Ability to use common HVAC tools such as gauges, recovery equipment, leak detection devices.
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2-5 years of experience in a related field (Stationary Engineer)
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Must have Universal EPA Certification
Any combination of education and work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply here: https://careers-drbronner.icims.com/jobs/1131/stationary-engineer/job