Shopify and WordPress Developer
If you’re an experienced Developer, ready to use your skills at a company with a great culture, we have the job opening for you! Dr. Bronner's is seeking a Shopify and WordPress Developor to help with the development, maintenance, and customization of Dr. Bronner’s Shopify (85%) and WordPress (15%) sites. We encourage you to apply for this position if you are a candidate with considerable expertise with Shopify Plus, mastery with liquid templating, eCommerce performance optimization, custom theme development, and API integration.
Dr. Bronner’s Company Culture
Cool, kind, and capable employees are core to Dr. Bronner’s company culture! Our people are our greatest strength—strong and healthy relationships drive our success. Our workforce is impassioned, collaborative, engaged, and shares a commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and equity. Respect for differences in perspective and experience enriches our community with a sense of belonging. We seek to model a better, more just and caring world in how we show up for work, and how we show up for each other!
Benefits at a Glance
- Company-paid Full Medical (PPO), Dental, Vision for Employees & Family
- Annual Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- Profit Sharing Program – up to10% of salary + bonus fully funded by Dr. Bronner’s into your retirement account
- Development & Training Program
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Child Care Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Daily Vegan Lunches (onsite employees)
- Green Team and Toastmasters
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bring Your Dog to Work Program
Remote (within the U.S.), with occasional travel to headquarters in Vista, CA as deemed necessary.
Your responsibilites will include to:
- Build, modify, and maintain Dr. Bronner’s Shopify Plus store, working with E-commerce, Design, and Customer Experience (CX) Teams as well as external development agency to meet user experience needs and promotional needs.
- Build, modify, and maintain WordPress websites, replicating UX/UI specifications as provided by Marketing teammates.
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our website experience for our customers and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders including E-Commerce, Marketing, Sales, CX, Information Technology, & Public Relations.
- Create and optimize our web project management, hitting all deadlines and improving efficiency while maintaining high standards of quality web development.
- Develop testing plans for new implementations and to monitor and maintain website performance.
- Maintain security and personal data protection principles and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Other duties as assigned within job scope.
We understand that not all candidates will meet every qualification and encourage all interested candidates to apply.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4+ years Shopify development experience.
- 2+ years WordPress development experience.
- Technical Proficiency:
- Mastery of at least common web programming language such as Ruby, Rust, Python, or Node.
- Strong experience in MySQL and API integration.
- Advanced CMS experience in Shopify and WordPress.
- Extensive knowledge of coding best practices including maintaining code repositories and setting up testing/staging environments.
- Extensive experience with Advanced Custom Fields.
- Ability to replicate to the detail our UX/UI designs.
- Extensive testing and debugging abilities using advanced tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.)
Any combination of educational and/or work experience that would be equivalent to the stated minimum requirements would qualify for consideration of this position.
Dr. Bronner’s is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.