Before and Afterschool Youth Development Professionals
Before and Afterschool Youth Development Professionals (up to 15/25 hours per week)
Position Classification: School-year only; Non-exempt; $17-$20/hr.
Reports To: Site Supervisor
The Boys & Girls Club of Vista has several new as well as expanded elementary and middle school sites starting in January. Do you enjoy kids and care about impacting the future by making a difference today? Looking for a job full of smiles, laughs and high fives in an environment where no day is completely the same? Do you believe in a mission that empowers and enables youth to graduate high school on time with a plan for college or a career? Do you believe in a culture of philanthropy and giving back to the community? If that's the case, the Boys & Girls Club of Vista (BGCV) has an opening for you! Join our fun, talented and dedicated team of youth professionals.
Work shifts are available 5 days a week or Monday, Wednesday, Friday or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7am-8:30am and/or afterschool from 1-5pm. The program concludes in June and will open again in August for the 2023-24 school year. Program plans are pre-planned from and focus on reading, art, STEM and healthy lifestyle activities.
Key Roles (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Provide direct supervision of a group of youth ages 5-13 and always promote safety of members in programs.
- Serve as program mentors, providing group supervision, guidance, and role modeling to youth members.
- Effectively implement and administer consistent intentional programs.
- Ensures activities are of high quality and keep youth engaged.
- Establish positive relationships with Club members.
- Display a high level of professionalism, enthusiasm, energy and commitment.
- Follow BGCV policies and school procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency procedures
- Complete accurate program plans and reports in a timely fashion.
- Supervise the care and maintenance of department equipment.
- Ensure the daily cleanliness and safety of the site. Ensure that safety hazards are corrected.
- Participate and attends staff meetings, ongoing professional development, and other specified training and events as needed.
- Represent the Boys & Girls Club in a respectable and professional manner.
· 10 plus paid holidays
· Ongoing Youth Development trainings
· Weekends off
· 401K retirement plan
· Performance bonuses
· Free membership for family members in Club programs, transportation, sports and other activities.
- Must be at least 18 and complete background, fingerprinting, etc.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Two years’ experience in a youth development program, preferred.
- Advanced Math and English skills (K-8th grade), preferred.
- Ability to implement quality programs for youth.
- Ability to motivate youth, provide positive re-direction, and manage emotional/behavioral issues.
- Understanding of the BGCV philosophy, vision, and goals.
- Experience working with at-risk youth.
- Follow BGCV policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency procedures.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to sit or stand for four plus hours per day.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, climb and walk frequently and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bilingual, a plus.