PRIMARY FUNCTION: Individual works to plan and coordinate special events and increase visibility in the community through social media, print and other media streams in collaboration with the Vice President of Development and Community Engagement Director to meet the organization’s fundraising goals.
The Event Coordinator, in collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team, Development Team and Committee, will plan, coordinate and execute all special events to meet program and fundraising goals to include evaluation and reporting post events. This position will identify and create opportunities to build public awareness of club services, programs, and events by developing and promoting newsletters, flyers, invites, social media content.
· Responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of special events as approved by the Vice President of Development and Events Committee.
· Negotiate and coordinate with vendors and sponsors to obtain facility space, event rentals, catering, audio visual and all related resources to ensure a successful event.
· Manage administrative and operational systems to include expense and income tracking, contributions, and acknowledgement letters.
· Coordinate and participate in committee meetings related to development and events.
· Support Vice President of Development in building long term relationships with sponsors and vendors including ongoing communication, reporting, and attendance at events.
· Contribute to attaining budgeted goals for special events to include securing in-kind donations, sponsorships, and monetary donations.
· Work closely with the Development and Programs team to identify and build out opportunities for compelling corporate sponsorships and funding to support BGCV special events and fundraising goals.
-Marketing & Outreach
· Support increasing visibility of Club programs, services, and activities by informing all volunteers, community partners and target audiences of programs updates, opportunities to give and scheduled special events.
· Responsible for developing and preparing a wide variety of marketing materials (paper, electronic, video, photographic) for he Boys & Girls Club of Vista that aligns with branding, vision, and mission.
· Work with Resource Development Team to supply content and updates for newsletters, social media outlets, press releases, board reports etc. to highlight volunteer and community partnership impacts and opportunities.
· Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve club marketing and public relations activities and events.
· In partnership with the Vice President of Development, establish and maintain procedures and schedules for marketing and PR related materials.
· In partnership with the Community Engagement Director, coordinate volunteers for all special events to enhance donor experience and flow of event.
· Provide detailed directions to staff and volunteers for all special event logistics and details.
· Work closely with Vice President of Development to cultivate relationships with sponsors, vendors, and media outlets to support the growth of events and communications to meet program needs.
· Work with Resource Development Team to develop and implement sponsor promotional materials and strategies that attract and retain partners for special events.
· Positively represent BGCV in a variety of settings, including staff meetings, trainings, and special events.
· Create and maintain positive relationships with staff, volunteers, and the community.
· Clear criminal background check
· College degree or equivalent.
· At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in marketing and public relations, including media relations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a diverse population.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
· Superior writing, editing, graphic design and verbal skills, to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and community.
· Expertise with publishing and software programs.
· Evening and weekends required as needed for meetings, events, and volunteer orientations etc.
· Ability to stand and sit for up to four hours as well as stoop, bend, climb and walk frequently and lift up to 40 pounds.
· Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.