Under the general supervision of the Athletic Director, the Boys & Girls Club of Vista is seeking a Volleyball Coordinator and an Indoor Soccer Coordinator.
Each seasonal position last 4 months for approximately 12 hours a week.
Sports Coordinator shall develop, coordinate, and direct the assigned sports program. This position oversees and organizes seasonal clinics, camps and league, tournaments and events onsite as well as recruitment at school sites and community events. Schedule includes Saturdays.
· Plan, organize and supervise all programs including specialty camps.
· Develop, coordinate, direct and promote:
(a) Skills clinics, intramural leagues to assist with Club’s sports program budget goals.
(b) Organize drop-in activities for Club members throughout the season to coincide with school
(c) Lead registration, games, tournaments, referees, volunteers and order appropriate supplies for games and maintain professional, timely communication with all stakeholders.
· Maintain a friendly, cooperative relationship with youth, parents, staff, volunteers and community.
· Control program and activity expenditures within the approved budget.
· Provide positive leadership and coordination among the various sports to facilitate programs that allow Club members to develop and improve healthy lifestyles.
· Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and youth development.
· Conduct coaches and parent meetings orientations/registrations to make sure all understand Club policies.
· Evaluate programs on an on-going basis to ensure programs respond to athletes’ needs as well as community needs.
· Identify and provide training and development opportunities for assigned athletic staff, volunteers.
· Market athletic programs to schools, communities, etc.
· Recruit and assist volunteer coaches and support as needed.
· Responsible for the maintenance, operation and security of all gym use, sports areas and storage areas with special emphasis on safety and sanitary conditions.
· Recommend and requisition departmental supplies in a timely fashion.
· Wear appropriate Boys & Girls Club staff attire while working or attending Club functions
· May require use of Club transportation and/or personal vehicle.
· Other duties as deemed necessary to the best interest of the overall organization.
• Must be at least 18 and complete Background Check and/or LiveScan
• Must have at least one year of experience working with 10 or more youth.
• Advanced Math and English skills (K-8) are necessary.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Charismatic personality with a high energy level.
• Must speak clearly and hear normal conversations as well as out of the ordinary noises.
• Must sit or stand for four plus hours per day.
• Must stoop, bend, climb and walk frequently and lift up to 50 pounds.
To apply, please e-mail resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
BGCV prohibits discrimination against current staff or applicants on the basis of sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. BGCV is an equal opportunity employer.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.