Substitute Program Specialists
Under the direct supervision of the Program Director or Site Supervisor, the Substitute Program Specialist is primarily responsible for supervising Club members and leading Club programs and activities as needed. Program Specialists provide homework assistance and enrichment activities, develop and implement program curriculum and activities, implement classroom management, and supervise members during programming (20:1 ratio). Serve as a positive role model and establish meaningful relationships that will encourage and motivate youth participation!
Program Specialists work in a fast-paced environment with a diverse group of kids ages 5-18 and lead relevant programs geared towards school success, healthy lifestyles and career development. Must be reliable, professional and ready to make an impact on youth.
• Develop positive relationships with Club members to ensure active participation leading towards an optimal Club experience.
• Facilitate consistent programs offering a wide range of planned activities such as academic enrichment, recreation, leadership and character development.
• Prep and plan consistent programs that align with Club outcomes.
• Ability to work as a team as well as being self-sufficient.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, training and events.
• Complete program reports and maintain accurate data
• Articulate the Club’s mission, core values and youth development strategy
• Must be professional and able to effectively communicate in a timely fashion with Club members, co-workers, parents, schools, volunteers and other community partners.
• Must be able to enforce Club rules and compose clear, concise written documentation and input data for various participation and outcome reports.
• Provide vigilant supervision of kids and communicate both positive and negative issues to Site Supervisor/Program Director.
SUPERVISION & SAFETY
• May be asked to supervise and safely transport Club members and participate in various field trips.
• Practice and follow all supervision and safety practices.
• Maintain a clean and orderly Club environment and workspace.
• Must be at least 18 and complete Background Check and/or LiveScan
• Must have at least one year of experience working with 10 or more youth.
• Advanced Math and English skills (K-8) are necessary.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Charismatic personality with a high energy level.
• Must speak clearly and hear normal conversations as well as out of the ordinary noises.
• Must sit or stand for four plus hours per day.
• Must stoop, bend, climb and walk frequently and lift up to 50 pounds.