Vice President of Curriculum & Impact
TITLE: VICE PRESIDENT
OF CURRICULUM & IMPACT
Location: Various Club Sites
Hours: 40 hours/week
Salary Range $75,000-$85,000
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Boys & Girls Club of Vista (BGCV) is hiring a Vice President of Curriculum and Impact to help the Club achieve its vision of becoming the premier youth organization in Vista. Reporting directly to the CEO and working in tandem with the Vice President of Development, this position will dramatically enhance program capacity and expertise in creating a sustainable and innovative program plan to support the strategic growth of the organization. The position is responsible for overseeing all Club programs and services at sites in Vista and Oceanside and building capacity to serve more youth while increasing impact. The successful candidate will build and manage a strong program team with the goal of doubling program revenue by 2023 and increasing optimal Club experience.
In addition to planning and executing impactful programs, the Vice President of Curriculum & Impact will also take a lead role in shaping community engagement activities in support of the organization’s strategic vision and goals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in managing youth development programs and a proven track record designing academic curriculum, some familiarity with facility planning and direct experience measuring outcomes. We are looking for a leader with the emotional intelligence to connect internally with both staff and Club youth and externally with families and community leaders.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Design relevant and exciting Club programs at all sites in accordance with Club’s strategic plan as established by the CEO and Board of Directors
- Evaluate effectiveness of site programs and services, devise evaluation methodology, and compile evaluative data for creating timely program assessment and status reports
- Create a business model to increase program revenue and membership
- Assist Board and CEO to help create a master plan for facility based on program needs
- Create customized staff development opportunities based on program needs
- Supervise, coach and evaluate Program Director, Site Supervisors, Athletic Director, Volunteer Manager and Facility/Transportation Coordinators
- Oversee the hiring, training, development and evaluation of program staff
- Optimize staffing and volunteer levels to best support efficient operations and quality programs
- Ensure efficient membership registration procedures and accurate program tracking throughout all sites
- Build innovative programs that develop academic success and healthy lifestyles for all Club members
- Offer consistent staff development and team building opportunities to bolster team morale, increase teamwork and make the BGCV feel like a second “home”
- Promote mission and vision with a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and community needs
- Develop and maintain a program dashboard of high-impact programs that meet priority outcomes for all age groups
- Assist with the prioritization and development of program budgets by site and annual creation of operating plans
- Develop authentic relationships with external stakeholders including government, school district, community leaders, donors, families, volunteers and other key stakeholders
- Represent BGCV at various community events such as the Vista Chamber of Commerce, Vista Unified School District, San Diego Workforce Partnerships and local universities.
- Maintain supervision and safety standards in alignment with Boys & Girls Club and CDC standards
- Support development and donor relation efforts and planning in partnership with the CEO, Vice President of Development and Development Committee
- Other duties as requested by CEO
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required; Master’s preferred
- A minimum of five years proven supervisory program experience in youth development
- Demonstrated leadership towards helping staff accomplishing program goals by providing objective feedback and counseling as needed
- Ability to innovate and increase efficiency with programs
- Ability to recognize problems, resolve conflicts, research options, present alternatives, implement solutions, and follow through to ensure goals are met.
- Solid written and oral communication including excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience scheduling/maintaining multiple calendars in Microsoft Outlook and Google Drive
- Strong administrative/clerical skills and ability to manage files and records
- Demonstrated presentation skills and experience conducting trainings, workshops and seminars for various audiences.
- Knowledge of coaching strategies and program evaluation techniques
- Bilingual capabilities in Spanish/English strongly preferred.
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Valid Driver’s license and verification of insurance
- Physical requirements include ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and ability to react quickly to physical safety issues as they arise
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, vacation, and sick leave
- Discounted membership (for whom?)
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
- Professional Development