Vice President of Development- Boys & Girls Club of Vista
Vice President of Development
Salary: $80-$90K a year.
Location: In person/Main Site
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Boys & Girls Club of Vista is looking for an energetic, skilled and experienced resource development professional to help us build a successful, comprehensive fundraising program that involves the community. This position is responsible for directly working with the CEO, Board and staff to achieve annual fundraising goals for the Club by maintaining while building and expanding positive relationships with individuals, corporations, foundations, government agencies and others. The position leads a development team consisting of a Special Events coordinator and a grant-writer.
- Strategically focus on building a successful individual giving campaign.
- Train Board, staff and volunteers to participate in fundraising solicitation and stewardship to help foster a culture of giving.
- Create an annual Resource Development plan and help build a working Development and Events Committee.
- Research and submit grants that align with program focus areas and ensure timely grant administration, compliance, and timely reporting.
- Meet budgeted fundraising goals for individual giving, major gifts, corporate giving, grants and special events.
- Create awareness of Planned Giving options and appeal.
- Manage strategies and activities for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and develop a plan to achieve goals.
- Lead, organize & implement annual event (s) that focus on sponsorship, auctions, event coordination to increase net revenue from budgeted goals.
- Represent and develop strong networks within the local community to grow prospects of revenue streams, event sponsorships and volunteer opportunities to increase Club’s brand awareness.
- Maintain and update consistent marketing campaigns (newsletter, flyers, website, social media, e-mail, mailers, etc.)
- Donor data entry and stewardship including accurate data input, writing thank you notes, acknowledgement letters and other gratitude letters showcasing impact of gifts.
- In collaboration with the CEO and Board, help implement a strategic plan to increase resource development efforts:
- Implement effective marketing strategies and brand plan within budget including Face to Face and direct mail solicitations, social media/web, fundraising events, and consistent Public Relations promoting Club programs.
- Create a marketing calendar and PR program that aligns with Boys & Girls Clubs of America focusing on highlighting Club youth outcomes, programs and events.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in non-profit agency, specifically
- in fundraising & resource development.
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency of grant writing and fundraising techniques is required; AFP or CFRE credential preferred.
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Flexible self-manager and team builder.
- Recruitment, training and motivation of volunteers.
- Ability to pass background check and drug-testing.
- Bilingual capabilities in Spanish/English strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to organize, direct, and coordinate operations; facilities management; and budget management
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership towards achieving fundraising goals by providing objective feedback and counseling as needed
- Ability to innovate and increase efficiency with programs
- Ability to recognize problems, resolve conflicts, research options, present alternatives, implement solutions, and follow through to ensure goals are met.
- Solid written and oral communication including excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience scheduling/maintaining multiple calendars in Office 365 and Google Drive
- Strong administrative/clerical skills and ability to manage files and records
- Demonstrated presentation skills and experience conducting trainings, workshops and seminars for various audiences.
- Knowledge of coaching strategies and program evaluation techniques
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screening
- Valid Driver’s license and verification of insurance
- Physical requirements include ability to stand for long periods of time, ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and ability to react quickly to physical safety issues as they arise
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, vacation, and sick leave
- 401(k) savings and investment plan with employer match
- Paid time off with paid holidays
- Professional Development