Workforce Development Specialist
Workforce Specialist (full-time)
Vista Chamber of Commerce with Americorp
Come Serve With Us
The Vista Chamber of Commerce is a diverse organization that is focused on impacting our community in a powerful way. For more than 100 years, the Vista Chamber advocated for businesses and planned for our community’s future to make Vista a sought-after place to do business, raise families, shop, dine, and play. We are a convener of leaders and influencers who make things happen, and we pride ourselves on connecting businesses to every level of government. We are a catalyst for business growth and champions for a stronger community. We care about access to affordable housing, climate change, helping people get into good paying jobs, safety and justice, social determinants of health, youth engagement, and all things that make communities good places for people to live, work, and play. Join us and earn while you learn!
What You Will Do
As the Workforce Specialist, you will support the Velocity Internship, Student Opportunities for Career Awareness and Learning (SOCAL), BRIGHTMINDS Youth Entrepreneurship, and Rising Star Student of the Month programs. You will be responsible for recruiting program participants, developing and delivering employment skills training and interviewing, supporting clients with job search and application submissions, providing job referral and placement services, community outreach to include attending career fairs and events, assisting with the coordination of student recognition programs, drafting communications related to programs, and assisting with recordkeeping and reports.
When You Serve with Us
- Earn a $25,500 stipend ($15/hour) payable by bimonthly direct deposit.
- Earn an additional $6,895 education benefit to pay down qualifying student loan debt or to continue your education.
- Access to health insurance program at no premium cost to you.
- Available childcare assistance benefit, if eligible.
- Participate in a 3-day, in-person leadership conference in Indianapolis, IN, in March 2024.
- Receive ongoing coaching, mentorship, and professional development.
What Your Work Environment Will Be
An 11-month position where you will typically serve 40 hours a week, normally Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekends. You will report in person at our office and will be required to travel locally for meetings and community events.
We Welcome You to Apply If You
- Have lived experience or an interest in working with a diverse group of people.
- Identify as any generation but are at least 17 years old.
- Possess unexpired proof of status as a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Consent to complete a criminal history check, which is required for all candidates. Don’t let this stop you! A criminal record does not mean a person cannot serve, and if this is a concern, reach out to Beth Romeo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LISC AmeriCorps is available to everyone eligible to serve. We treat all persons without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position is made possible through a partnership between Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), AmeriCorps, and the Vista Chamber of Commerce. To learn more about LISC AmeriCorps, visit www.lisc.org/americorps. To learn more about Vista Chamber, visit www.vistachamber.org.
Ready to apply now? Upload your resume and cover letter to: https://lisc.app.box.com/f/44b7f3d1a8264dc0ac1ac7858ddabe45
Email LISC AmeriCorps Program Officer,
Beth Romeo at email@example.com.