Athletic Director (Part-Time)
The Athletic Director shall develop, coordinate and direct sports programs, skills clinics, tournaments and leagues.
- Plan, organize, supervise and evaluate all Club athletic programs including middle school sports and day camp athletic programs
- Develop, coordinate, direct and promote:
(b) Organize drop-in activities for Club member throughout the year to coincide with school and holiday schedules
(c) Schedule leagues, games, referees, volunteers and order appropriate supplies for games
- Maintain a friendly, cooperative relationship with youth, parents, staff, volunteers and community
- Provide positive leadership and coordination among the various sports to facilitate programs that allow Club members to develop and improve healthy lifestyles
- Follow Club financial policies & control expenditures against budget, making recommendations for expenditures to purchase supplies/equipment
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and youth development
- Conduct coaches and parent meetings orientations/registrations to make sure all understand Club policies
- Evaluate sports programs on an on-going basis to ensure programs respond to Club member needs as well as community needs
- Identify and provide training and development opportunities for assigned support staff & volunteers
- Market athletic programs at Club sites as well as to schools, community, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance, operation and security of all field/gym use, sports areas and storage areas with special emphasis on safety and sanitary conditions
- Wear appropriate Boys & Girls Club staff attire while working or attending Club functions
- Other duties as deemed necessary to the best interest of the overall organization
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in a Boys and Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
- Outstanding planning, organizational and management skills
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Strong computer/technology skills required to handle website, registrations, payments, scheduling, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of recreation and youth development theory.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Working knowledge of budget control and management.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, initiate and interpret activities and programs.
- CPR and First Aid
- Physical ability to lead and participate in active sports and games with children.
- Background check and random drug testing
- Must have reliable transportation and meet dress code requirements
- Provide current proof of negative TB test from physician/medical clinic; chest ray is not eligible
- Successfully complete all ongoing Boys & Girls Clubs of America required child safety trainings